I usually try to stray from the obvious guys, but Jackson’s performance yesterday is too hard to ignore. Even rated as a top-five running back going into the season, Jackson had a lot of hate from fantasy analysts this preseason (including the Fools). He finally had his breakout day against…my Cowboys. *sigh*
While he may not have many more three-touchdown games this season, Jackson easily put the hurt on the Cowboys in Week 7 to earn the Rams more respect. The Rams looked miserable at the beginning of the season, but they’ve beaten two teams (Dallas and Washington) from the mighty NFC East in back-to-back weeks.
Jackson finished the day with 160 yards and three touchdowns to seal a 34-14 victory for the home crowd and take home the “Dude…” award for Week 7 from the Fools. He ran so hard that he pulled a quad. (Don’t panic. He’s still supposed to play Sunday against the Pats.)
Take a look at the highlights.
Since firing Scott Linehan and looking to Jim Haslett during the bye, the Rams have looked like a completely different team. Steven Jackson agrees.
Players falling just short of dude-ism:
- Steve Smith, WR Panthers — 122 yards, TD
- Calvin Johnson, WR Lions — 154 yards, TD
- Randy Moss, WR Patriots — 69 yards, 2 TDs
- Sammy Morris, RB Patriots — 138 yards, TD (in first half)
- Adrian Peterson, RB Vikings — 121 yards, 2 TDs (and 9 receiving yards)
- LenDale White, RB Titans — 149 yards, 3 TDs (Big Boy even broke a long one!)