I thought I’d let Cecil Lammey kick off this year’s waiver wire discussion with this video for Footballguys TV. To give you a little more to work with, here’s my list of players who should be on more rosters to start the season.
- Jake Locker, QB, Titans — What’s not to like about a young, athletic QB with plenty of weapons at his disposal and an explosive offense?
- Russell Wilson, QB, Seahawks — As I’ve already mentioned this preseason, running quarterbacks are always good for fantasy points, and Wilson has the tools to hit the ground running this season.
- Christian Ponder, QB, Vikings — With Adrian Peterson not at full strength to start the year, the Vikings might finally let Ponder run the show.
- Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Steelers — Between Redman and Dwyer, I’d rather own Dwyer.
- Robert Turbin, RB, Seahawks — Seattle has a great run game, and Turbin’s in line for a heavy workload if Lynch misses time or isn’t as effective as he was last year.
- Kendall Hunter, RB, 49ers — Until we see how carries are split for San Francisco, I’ll take a chance on Hunter emerging in 2012.
- Bilal Powell, RB, Jets — If you believe that Shonn Greene will be ineffective this year, you should invest in Powell.
- Austin Collie, WR, Colts — Collie was shaping up to be Luck’s No. 1 receiver until his concussion scare this preseason.
- Braylon Edwards, WR, Seahawks — Everyone forgets about the veteran receiver that Seattle didn’t cut before Week 1.
- Randy Moss, WR, 49ers — Even in a rotation with Mario Manningham, Moss is worth stashing just in case being named the starter means something in San Francisco.
- Kyle Rudolph, TE, Vikings — Rudolph could join the elite this year as Ponder’s favorite target.